Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raw Food Recipe: Spanish Rice

Paul and I have been having a lot of fun lately, making raw food recipes! We will be posting many more to The Raw Life Health Show soon, so stay in touch.

Here is a recipe from one of our favorite books, How We All Went Raw, by the Top Raw Men.



Spanish Rice

1 head cauliflower, grated in a food processor
4 green onions, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup cilantro, diced
1 avocado (mashed in)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil

Mix together and serve!

This recipe book is simple, and has lots of pictures too. You can purchase it from our web store: www.RawLife.com, by clicking here.

8 comments:

Aravah said...

Todah for sharing this cookbook & recipe. My husband has really struggled with IBS & GERD for nearly two decades so we were so thankful to find you guys last month. We've really struggled to wean ourselves off a processed & very "un-raw" life so this recipe helped. I made it tonight and everyone loved it. Finally something satisfying! I did cheat & ate up some of our leftover organic corn chips with it.
Baby steps... : )

Andrea said...

That is great that you are making such positive changes! Happy to hear your family liked the recipe too. Going at your own pace is the best!

rawlumi said...

What is your opinion about nightshades; chili, pepper, eggplant, goji berry, sweet pepper, tomato, potato?

rawlumi said...

Oops! I was too rapid! Reason I asked that question is my toddler. I wonder if eating these are harmfull to her because I nurse her? How often do you breastfeed and are you doing it at nigthtimes also?

Andrea said...

Hi Rawlumi!

I eat the nightshades, and have not noticed any issues arise with breastfeeding. I am more careful about what I feed her directly, and try to notice if she has allergic reactions to any type of food.

And I am breastfeeding all day and all night!! :-)

rawlumi said...

Do you eat according day-light diet and if so, how do you manage to nurse 24/7? :D

We did start giving solids when she was 6 months old. Now I would not to do so, but I am gratefull to be able to breastfeed her still. I want to give her best solid foods available, could you advice a good green smoothie recipe for toddler? And it would be wonderfull if you could make a video about starting solids.

Aravah said...

Shalom! I have a totally off-topic question. Where do you guys shop for linen clothing?

Tanisha said...

Amazing! I just started doing raw food living on a trial basis for two months, I discovered this receipe and loved it. Delicious!,