Thursday, January 21, 2010

Garden Collard Wrap Recipe and Update!


I know it has been a while since my last post, and I am ready to get this ball rolling again. We had a busy holiday season, and Paul's mom Elaine came and visited us for 3 weeks. It was really nice having a helping hand and I was a little nervous when it came time for her to leave. I loved that Noa could spend time with her Grandma. But now we are back to normal, and keeping busy. Paul is in Dallas, Texas this weekend. He has a packed travel schedule for the next 6 months and he's excited to spread the message about health and healing naturally. Noa and I will be joining him on a few trips, but we'll be home most of the time.

Our garden is flourishing and we love being able to pick fresh greens and herbs daily. I use the collards to juice and make wraps for lunch.

Here is a simple recipe for any wrap:

First, I spread a walnut pate on the collard leaf.

Walnut pate:
3 cups walnuts
2 TBSP nama shoyu

2 carrots
1 handful cilantro
2 celery stalks
cumin and sea salt to taste

Then I topped it with the following:

avocado
tomato

sprouts
chopped lettuce
dulse
sprinkle chia seeds

I then topped it with a cashew ranch dressing:

1 cup raw cashew piecescashews
1 tsp. minced garlic

1 TBSP honey
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup of water (or desired consistency)
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder

3/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil

These wraps were so simple and delicious! You can use any greens like romaine, or even nori sheets to make these wraps.

I have been making the herbal infusions daily and loving them! It looks like I am no longer craving kombucha because these infusions quench my thirst and are so refreshing. Right now, I am only making the oat straw and stinging nettle infusions, but I'll keep you all updated as I continue.

3 comments:

Sue Haddleton said...

Ooh they look delicious!
A great way to use winter cabbage that we have in abundance here in England!
I was looking for inspiration for next week.
Thank you for posting

herbalcat said...

I love that you're doing the herbal infusions! They are so nutritious! Being an herbalist,I have been involved with these for a few years, learning from Susun Weed and John Gallagher(Herbmentor.com). And BTW, The "Garden Collard Wraps" look delicious. I will be trying them soon!

Walking Therein said...

Looks super, Andrea. We don't use all the ingredients you use, but we appreciate all of the great ideas and formulating them to what we can for our family. :)
Will be praying for you while Paul is gone. Matt is returning to the NY area, and I know how it is for him to be gone.
If Paul is going to be up that way, let us know, and maybe they can meet up. :) Matt will be near the Finger Lakes area.
Shalom and blessings to your sweet family!
Jacque Dixon